Last week I had the rare opportunity of accompanying Ben on a field trip. The class went to Vineyard Nursery’s Pumpkin Land which Katie covers in a previous post. While there I noticed a bucket of habanero peppers for sale so I bought a handful. They were sitting on the counter in a plastic bag when Ben came home from school.
Since Ben isn’t nosy and doesn’t steal candy from other people he naturally opened the bag and decided to chomp on the brightly colored shiny contents. Aside from the fact that the kid literally got a taste of hell, let me tell you why this was funny: Ben does not put food in his mouth, much less questionable and unknown food.
Everybody can be eating some wonderful and delectable desert and Ben will not even taste it. He will only eat ego waffles, kix, and german pancakes (dutch babies). Yet he will pick a tack out of the bottom of his shoe and suck on it while walking around, clean rocks with his tongue, and put just about every non food item in his mouth. So the fact that he came home and popped anything in his mouth that he thought was meant to be eaten is something of a mystery. Luckily, he was smart enough to realize there was something very wrong as pepper juice started to spray his mouth and he didn’t even get a real bite off. He was still bawling though.
So I turned these puppies into poppers and made it through 7 of them. Then I thought about it and realized that was three and a half peppers. Who sits down and eats 3.5 habaneros? Then I thought, “that’s stupid” and ate one more to make it even. I had a couple of more with my pizza for dinner.
My mother in law walked in the kitchen while the poppers were sitting there on a plate and had one… he he he.
2 comments:
yeah this story would have been funny if I had not decided to try one myself this morning. I thought they were like little pizza bites or something and then half way through my first bite I realized it was a little spicy for my taste, then about 2 minutes later I thought I was going to die!!!! I felt like I had a sore throat and I got the hiccups. Maybe you should put a label on those things!!! :)
That is AWESOME! I've never left anything lying around that gotten eaten so much as these habaneros!
Post a Comment