Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Mexican Sayings

Below is a list of the things heard said in our family since moving to New Mexico.

“Ow, ow, ow! @#$%#@! goat heads!” (Goat heads are sharp little burrs that just litter the ground here.)

“Do those hubcaps belong to the bus our children ride on?”

“Andrew.  Andrew! ANDREW!”

“Did you know that there’s a water main broken in the street.” – “Yes, I know. I called it in yesterday.”

After passing a sign for a pizza special. Kallie – “Wow, someone only has to give that lady $6 and then she can go home?! Why doesn’t someone do that?” Ben – “NOOOOO, they have to give her $6.99! THEN she can go home.”

“Huh, someone must have died on this street corner yesterday.”

From any child almost every other day. “I have a sticker in my foot!” – “No you don’t.” – “Yes, I do!” – “No, you don’t.” – “How do YOU know?” – “Because you can still walk.”

“Those people have nice looking grass. Go talk to them!”

“Go to bed.” (5 seconds later) “I went to bed, and fell asleep, and had a nightmare! I have to sleep in your room now.” (This is a common one).

“Andrew! We do not stab people with yard tools. PUT THE YARD TOOL DOWN.”

No comments: