 |
| Best Pregnancy Perk! 31 Weeks |
I know this is late, and the dates are all wrong on the blog, but I need to write the story of Nick's birth before I forget.
I was very sick again with this pregnancy, but honestly it was my best. Being pregnant in the UK is very different than being pregnant stateside. They tend to take a more hands off approach. It didn't hurt that our hospital (that is less than 5 minutes by car) has a special Hyperemesis team. They were so wonderful with me. They got my meds, IV's, and anything else I needed. Christopher was amazing, as usual, and completely took over all mom duties while I laid in bed. The kids stepped up to the plate too and it didn't hurt that they were all in school everyday so I just slept. Chris would come home and feed me then head back to work or work from home.
 |
| 8 Weeks |
 |
| How we told the kids |
 |
| 8 Weeks at the hospital getting an IV. I was too sick to go to the other ward |
 |
| 8 Week ultrasound. They wanted to make sure I was not having an ectopic pregnancy since I was so sick. Nope, just a cute little gummy bear! |
I stopped being able to function around mid-September and pretty much just stayed in bed until December. There were a few time I went out. One was near Christmas to see Zack's ChrisTingle performance. It took all I had to go and put me in bed for a week, but it was worth it.
 |
| 16 Weeks |
 |
| Two days after going to the performance I was back in the hospital |
 |
| 17 Weeks Dec 10 |
 |
| Dec 12 18 Weeks |
 |
| 12 Week Ultrasound |


I was able to drive the kids to school one day in February and I can remember how great it was to see the sun rising. It's funny the things you miss and take for granted...like being able to drive your kids to school or pick them up. I had okay days, but most days were spent not waking up till 10 or 11, having Christopher bring me an omelet in bed - hopefully keeping it down, going back to bed till I heard the kids come home around 4pm, and trying not to throw up with any food smells. Sometimes I ate dinner, but it would just be a few bites. The best time of every day was 8pm when I could take a sleeping pill and be blissfully asleep until 10 or 11 am. My few awake hours were spent listening to music, staring out the window at the tree I could see from my bed, watching Netflix, Youtube...and really more listening than watching since the movement and glow would make me sick. It was not a fun time.
I was positive we were having a girl, so I wasn't going to have the ultrasound tech tell us, but Kallie wanted to know for sure. To say I was shocked we were having boy #4 is an understatement! We went out for lunch after the ultrasound and I was still in shock I don't think I said a word.
We told the kids two ways. First we filled up balloons with glitter and had them shoot arrows to pop them. Zack got the winning shot! Then we had to have cake...of course!
 |
| 25 Weeks Feb 5 |
As soon as I started feeling okay Christopher wanted to travel! We were able to squeeze in Rome, Greece, and Ireland before he was born. I spent most of Rome at the Airbnb - Traveling was hard, but I was able to make it out to the Rome Temple open house and one afternoon walking around with the family.
Then off to Greece!
We also checked off Ireland with my brother Chris and his family. We met them first in London then again in Ireland. It was such a fun trip! I was 35-36 weeks and felt amazing. I would get tired, but for the most part I didn't have to miss out on anything.
After the Ireland trip it was time to settle down and getting ready for this baby!
 |
| 38 Weeks!!! |
Christopher's parents came over to help out and be here for the birth.
The day before I was to have Nick we went to my favorite place, Stonehenge. Next up.....delivery!
No comments:
Post a Comment