Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Nicholas Wilts - Heading Home

This little boy is so sweet.  He was perfect overnight and so calm.  There was a baby who just screamed all night long. I was very grateful we had a room with a door - and it wasn't my baby.  It is really hard because the moms on the ward weren't allow to have anyone stay with them overnight - and there was only one nurse - so help was very thin.  Thankfully Christopher was there with me and able to help out.

In the morning after breakfast (wheatabix cold cereal and toast) and feeding Nick, Christopher headed home to help get kids to school.  When he left he went to the nurses station to request they give me my pain medicine.  I was in so much pain because they didn't come all night to give me pain relief.  I couldn't even turn over.  


He hadn't been gone very long when I heard a weird noise coming from the bassinet.  I couldn't really turn to see what was going on because it hurt to much, but I felt a sense of panic and turned to see Nick blue.  I got up, picked him up, and yelled out to the hallway, "my baby isn't breathing!!!"  I knew if i just hit the nurse button no one would come fast enough.  Suddenly people showed up out of no where.  Someone grabbed Nick and turned him over, another hit the code button, lights went off everywhere with an alarm, and it was just crazy.  They got him breathing again and me calmed down.  They told me this was very normal and nothing to worry about.  Since they don't suction the babies when they are born they tend to throw up the junk in their lungs a few days after birth.  I'm just grateful it happened while we were in the hospital.  Christopher got back just as the last nurse left.  He was shocked about what happened and that they still hadn't given me my pain medication. Apparently they gave it to the woman in room 15....I was in room 14. She said that was okay though because the lady in room 15 also hadn't had her pain medication. yeah, I was ready to go home. 🙈


My parents sent these.  Aren't they beautiful!


This little outfit has been on Kallie's doll ever since Zack grew out of it.  It was so weird to see Nick in it.


After school the kids came to say hello to us.  We had hoped to be home, but with the nurse staff overwhelmed, we hadn't been released yet - even though we had begged.  It was fun to have the kids come and see us again.  Poor Andrew had to wait outside again.





Look how little he is in his carseat!




Finally we were heading home!  We were told we'd be released by 2pm, but it was almost 7pm before we got our papers.  It was still 5 days earlier than any other baby...and I was so ready to go home.


Poor Andrew still wasn't feeling well.  This was the sight we were greeted with....oh Andrew.


First holds at home!!!












Finally a baby in this bassinet that's been in our room for 3 months.  Heaven.



No comments: