Since grandparents couldn't come see Nick until 3pm and kids needed to be picked up at 3:30, Christopher met his parents outside and traded spots with them. They came to visit while Chris got the kids.
And they were so amazing to bring me this cute candy bouquet! I was starving so I downed a few of those snickers and my favorite pregnancy craving - Baby Bell Cheese! Yum! It was so nice to have an hour or so where they could hold this sweet baby!
While Chris was picking up kids I was moved into a real room. Thankfully they had a private room available (most recover in an open ward - 8 beds with just a curtain - like the room I'm waiting in above) When Christopher got to the hospital his parents had to leave - the 2 person rule. Since all my kids were minors and had to be accompanied by an adult, they let Chris bring all four in for just a few minutes.
Kallie had called "first hold" when we told the kids we were pregnant. She was absolutely glowing and the first one in the door. It was so sweet.
Holy cow we have FIVE kids! Poor Andrew wasn't feeling well, and actually came home from school early. He came in just for the picture and to see the baby for a moment, then Grandpa took him back outside. Poor kid wouldn't get to hold Nick for a few days.
My oldest and youngest together
Finally a big brother!!!
Zack was fascinated how little Nick was. It was so cute having him point out how little his fingers, nose, and face were.
These two were fascinated by this new little boy. They couldn't stop looking at him.
My two "little" boys
Once Grandpa and Grandma left with the kids I was so tired....and STARVING! Chris had brought me back some food from home, but having a baby is hard work and I was so hungry! Chris played with Nicholas while I devoured my amazing five star dinner.
Yeah, just kidding. This was my dinner. It wasn't hot, it wasn't horrible, it was nothing like my first meal after my other babies. I was so shocked I had to take a picture of it.
After dinner we discovered we wouldn't have the best nurse care. Thank goodness Christopher was staying with me. If not I don't know how I would've made it through the night. You would push the nurse button and no one would come. Chris refilled my water, got a nurse to get my pain meds, and had to track down someone to help me get up. I'm sure it isn't always like this. We found out the next morning that the Labor and Delivery ward was at full capacities and they had to borrow our nurses. So our 18 bed recovery area was being watched over by one nurse.
But how sweet is this sight? I couldn't stop looking at him. Day one in the books - and it was such a great one.















No comments:
Post a Comment