Our first order of business when we arrived in Utah was to visit Ben's life. I was excited to see his work, apartment, and everything that makes up his world! We headed over, and Ben gave us a tour of the lab where he spends most of his time. Between work and school, he lives at the Clyde. Ben showed us around the lab, explaining how all the different machines work. He even let Andrew make an amazing motorcycle coin using a big machine whose name I can't quite remember.
For Christmas, Ben gave each of us a coin he had made in the lab! I absolutely LOVE them! Dad received a BYU coin, I got a nativity scene, Andrew got a snowmobile, Nick received a Spider-Man coin, and Xander got a Bluey one. When I got home, I turned them into ornaments by hanging them on ribbons, and some I made into keychains. Ben is so thoughtful!
Ben made Grandma and Grandpa personalized, engraved Huggabuddies Owala water bottles, and they turned out amazing! The boys were so impressed that they wanted to personalize their own water bottles too. They worked with Ben to design them, uploaded their creations into the computer, and watched their designs come to life! Andrew chose a motorcycle design, and Zack went with the Honda logo. The finished products turned out fantastic!
After exploring BYU, we were starving! We grabbed some Cane's chicken and headed back to Ben's house for a picnic. It was so fun to just hang out and catch up! While we were there, we realized Ben's room could use a little TLC, so we decided to tackle that later in the week. Once our bellies were full, the little ones changed into their swimsuits to meet up with the Bennetts for a swim. Meanwhile, Ben and Andrew cozied up to clean and polish the water bottles they had just made. I’m pretty sure they didn’t mind the quiet downtime, especially while relaxing with a movie!
No comments:
Post a Comment