Sunday, January 11, 2009

11 Inches shorter

Many of you who know me knew that I had been growing my hair out to donate. I've been dragging my feet alittle in getting it cut since I started to really like my hair long.....I've NEVER liked having long hair, so this was big for me. The last week or so at our house has been me asking Chris and the kids every second, "so should I cut it or just leave it long?" I just couldn't decide so I got online and researched the different places to donate and after that I was convinced it was what I wanted to do. There isn't much I can do for women with cancer, but this was something I could do. I was going to donate it to Locks for Love, but after reading what Pantene with do with it, I decided to go with them. They take the donated hair and make wigs for women who have lost their hair due to cancer.



Here are the pictures when I was deciding to cut or not to cut. It got SO long! And.....

The New Me!!!




This is the lock of hair I donated. My kids were fancinated by it. 11 inches!!

13 comments:

Karolyn said...

GOOD FOR YOU!! I keep trying to talk myself into that but if I tell myself I am growing it out that long my sub-consious will make sure that it does not happen. But that is so cool for you! I never did get to tell you how cute your hair looked yesterday. My little gal was being too clingy. Your hair is awesome! It makes me want to get mine cut!

Jen & Johnny said...

Your hair was so dang long!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! And... I love LOVE love the new short do!!!!! You are darling!!!!!

kme1981 said...

Ahh, Karolyn and Jenny you are too sweet to me! Thanks! :)

Ligaya Ericksen said...

Super cute!! I love it! Next time I get my hair cut I'm taking in your pics!!! How would my hair look like that? Probably not as cute as yours!! So cute.. I love it!!!

amelia said...

GO Katie! You rock the short - I love it!

Brittany said...

Wow I can't believe how long your hair was! That is crazy, I love it now, so cute! I wish I could pull off short hair. I also love the color, you look amazing :)

R+M said...

Katie that is so cool! I think you may have inspired me! And I LOVE it short too! You look great!

Ingram Family said...

I LOVE IT!!!! it looks really good, I like the color!!!!!!!

Chris said...

Awesome! You look like me now!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love it!! That is so the new look. It looks great on you and makes you look younger!!

Sister Pottymouth said...

I love the new do!

kme1981 said...

Thanks you guys for all your sweet comments! We have such great friends :)

raw mom said...

yay for you!!!! i ma so proud of you! and i LOVED my hair cut like that! i just didnt have the patience to do it everyday! your hair is so beautiful either way...and now some sweet girl gets to have your beautiful hair, too!!