Monday, May 13, 2013

Tent Rocks

Right after Andrew’s soccer party we packed up and headed out to Tent Rocks with our friends the B’s and the W’s.  It was more incredible then I thought it would be!  We had heard it was a great hike, but really here in New Mexico you really never know.  This time though it turned out to be true!

Most of our group.  As you can tell I was in the back.

IMG_7305

Most of the kids, minus the little guys.  I think all in all we had 18 people hiking with us.  My friend A is 33 weeks pregnant and beat us all to the top!  And that’s with a huge heave backpack on her back! 

IMG_7307

Ben and his bud Zac with their walking sticks.  They thought they were pretty cool being the oldest and all.

IMG_7309

I love this picture of Andrew and Christopher.  How cute are they!

IMG_7311

Taking a little shade water break.  You know, before we even hit the trail. 

IMG_7313

There are signs everywhere about not climbing on the rocks.  Apparently these kids didn’t read those signs….and their parents were too busy taking pictures and chatting to get them off…quickly.

IMG_7318

Andrew’s favorite part of the hike was sliding down the steep rocks on his bum.  Good thing those jeans are on the short side for him.  They just don’t look the same anymore.

IMG_7320

My cute Kallie and her walking stick.  Our neighbor friend who is 14 has adopted Kal as her little sister.  She insisted on doing kallie’s hair that day and kal felt like a rock star.  It was pretty adorable.

IMG_7338

The slot canyon was so fun! 

IMG_7348IMG_7351

Getting up to the rocks.  Zack didn’t like this backpack at the beginning, but really loved it towards the end.  Isn’t it beautiful up there!?

IMG_7357IMG_7358

My adorable boys.  The sky was incredible!

IMG_7379IMG_7381

The best spot for pictures.  These rocks were just amazing!  The pictures just don’t do it justice!

IMG_7390IMG_7391

The B’s.

IMG_7397

I love Zacky in this picture.  It looks like his little hand is on his hips!

IMG_7399

the cute w’s.  Their two girls were somewhere else.  That was another thing I loved about this hike.  The kids mixed so well with each other and we all just looked out for each others kids. 

IMG_7408IMG_7418

At the bottom of the trail we put the boys in our stroller.  Not really the best idea, but the easiest way to carry two kids at once.

IMG_7423

I think Andrew had the best time on this hike out of all the kids.  He loved climbing and running and just the adventure of not knowing what was coming up.  After our hike (about three miles round trip) we had a picnic dinner at the base with everyone.  It was such a fun Saturday and we can’t wait to do it again!

IMG_7437

Oh, one quick story.  As we were coming back down the trail we said hi to some forest rangers walking up.  They asked if we had two boys, one in a black shirt and one in an orange shirt.  I was pretty sure that’s what Zac and Ben were wearing so I said yes.  We were then informed they were writing “James” and putting peace signs on the rocks….which is illegal.  I then told them it must not be our boys because that’s not their names and I’m pretty sure they don’t even know how to make a peace sign.  When we finally met up with the boys again we asked them about it to which they replied, “Why would we put James on the rocks?  We put OUR names on the rocks!”  Lovely.

No comments: