This castle is one I've had my eye on forever. In fact, last year I dropped the kids off at school and high tailed it the 2+ hours out to Minehead to see this castle. It was better than I could have imaged! Because I had to hurry back to pickup the kids, I didn't get to wonder around like I wanted to, so when we were going to be so close, I figured we should take the kids and explore it in depth! Thankfully our kids are incredible in the car on long drives. Add in a book on tape or some comedy show, and we are golden! Just don't get Ben to dj for you - you'll end up with Irish drinking songs....
As soon as you park, you can choose several different ways to make it up to the main house. We decided to walk through the garden area, up to the old watermill, then back down to the house. The kids had so much fun playing around the different wilderness parks along the way. There were streams, waterfalls, bridges, and secret paths through the trees. It was pretty awesome!
Most the National Trust homes they have pianos for the kids to play on and old time games to play. Chris played snookers with the boys and the older kids did a piano recital. I loved it! We then decided to explore the upper part of the estate.
Outside Kallie and I took Nick out for a little walk to see what was around. The grounds are incredible!
This was their dog/cat cemetery. It was really impressive with the most recent addition that year.These towns never get old to look at
He just loves to do this!
Kallie at the overlook. How beautiful!!!







































No comments:
Post a Comment