This sweet boy had a rough weekend...which included a fun overnight getaway in the hospital. He was just super congested and his nose wouldn't stop running. He was having a hard time breathing so we decided to take him in and just have him looked at.
We had a super long wait at the hospital to see a doctor. Twice I almost called it quits and headed home, but I'm glad I didn't. When we finally got called back they put him on the monitor to see what his O2 stats were...and they were in the 80s. Poor kid just couldn't keep up his oxygen stats so they admitted him to put him on oxygen and keep him on the monitor. I knew he didn't feel great, but I didn't think they would keep us overnight!
Dad to the rescue!
Poor little man had the hardest time sleeping and didn't want to keep the tubes in his nose. They finally gave him a little something to make him sleep, but I don't think I slept all night. We were in a room with four other sick kids and alarms were going off all night long.
The next morning we was doing so much better. We went across the hall and we was able to play for a little bit while we waited for the doctor to do rounds. His stats were up, his fever down so we got the all clear to go home! It still took 5 hours to release us....but he got a free book and stuffed animal to remember his first hospital admit!
Finally....FREEDOM!!!!! When we got home all the kids came running outside to see him. He did his happy scream...made everyone laugh...and my heart exploded with how much I love this crazy family of mine!















No comments:
Post a Comment