Saturday, July 10, 2021

I Graduated!

Let's just be honest for a half second, this pregnancy has been hard, really hard.  Like in bed all day every day, can't cook, can't clean, can't sleep, can't move, can't walk, can't eat, can't lift.....if it's a normal thing for a mom to do, I can't do it.  Then add in a few complications with the baby, pregnancy, me, diabetes, and we've got a whole party going on with doctor appointments 3 times a week, getting ultrasounds twice a week, checking my blood four times a day and having the baby on a heartbeat monitor twice a week.  Then add in the mom guilt because I'm doing nothing and everyone is picking up all the slack - and I'm a basket case.  It's hard when you see things that you can normally do and suddenly you can't do them and you just feel worthless and like a burden.

Around 25-29 weeks I started being able to drive and that was a nice change, but for the most part Christopher has been mom and dad, working full time, making all my meals, doing all the shopping, taking me to all my appointments, and caring for me.  It's been hard.  Thankfully we have amazing kids who will jump in and help with Nick.  I know COVID has been hard on many people and many families, but for ours it has been a lifesaver having everyone home.  We couldn't have had these last two babies without it.


So my last OB appointment was really something I wanted to celebrate.  Crumbl Cookie just opened in the next town over and I've been dying to have one.  Since I have to watch my sugars, and I react so weird to foods, I've been waiting for the perfect time to indulge.  It was soooo good and tasted amazing.  Yes it took me 3 days to finish it, yes it made my sugars go nuts, yes it made me so sick and I couldn't get off the couch for hours after a bite - but it was worth it :)  

 

No comments: