We had a great hospital stay. I won patient of the day by insisting I get up ASAP. Apparently there was a little competition with the nurses about which of their patients would be up and walking first. I was the 11am C-section and was up before the first C-section of the day. Poor girl, I found out she still wasn't up when I checked out two days later. Her recovery is going to be horrible! Dad and I were out walking the halls before my catheter was out - and this recovery has been a breeze (for the most part)
Little man had a little harder start. He struggled to keep his sugars up and his poor heels were just so sore. This picture was taken at 3 days old. Poor kid - you touch his feet and he would just start crying. He had been poked so many times that they could just squeeze his foot and blood would come out of previous pokes. It was horrible to watch. Xander's blood sugar issues delayed our coming home by a few hours, but thankfully the NICU dr. had faith that we could care for him properly and let us go home that evening.
Xander also failed his hearing test the first time. The gal was nice and came back and was able to get him to pass. She said some c-section babies fail since they don't get all the liquid squeezed out of them so they have liquid still in their ear canals. I was so happy to hear he finally passed!
I had gotten dressed to head home in the morning on Thursday - only to be told it might not happen - so we had a few hours to kill. We hung out and took some photos of this cute boy.
Finally the doctor decided if he passed his sugar test after 3 feedings he could go home! After feed 3, and he hit the lowest number he could hit and still pass, we threw Mr. Xander in the carseat so fast and headed out of there! We are so excited to go home and see our kiddos!
Xander loved the car ride home! He just stared out the window until he finally fell asleep. I'm glad he got a little rest before we got home. Heaven knows in our household quiet naps are hard to find! Next up, meeting the siblings!
















No comments:
Post a Comment