I know I've mentioned about quiet time before, but we actually ran into a problem. The kids started taking long enough naps that it was interfering with the time that I wanted them to go to bed. So, being sneaky, I began to pretend that I didn't notice it when they snuck into each other's rooms to play during quiet time. That way they didn't nap and they were still under some control for an hour.
Well, unbeknownst to me, K was keeping a pair of scizzors in little K's room in a draw with some ribbon to make hair bows. Guess which draw was explored just the other day?
Now you should understand that K always cuts B's hair, and anything he watches his mommy do... he knows how to do. He can explain very well to you exactly what you have to do to cut hair. He can even describe some technique in detail. What he missed out on was that his mommy pays very close attention to LENGTH. The picture actually doesn't really show how bad it was. Let's just say that he has very short hair now. Oh, and little K got her first haircut. Thank goodness for long curly hair. It hides a bad hair cut almost perfectly.
5 comments:
ha! I love these quiet time adventures!
oops, that was from me!
Well, I like them too :)
My brother actually did this to me when I was little. My hair went from being halfway down my back to being cut all the way up to my chin. It is a classic story in our family now.
I'll let the kids know that people are depending on them for entertainment :)
Post a Comment