We have two ferrets, Rascal and Fidget. Rascal is older, balding, and has back legs that aren't working as well as they used to. He is 7 years old and slowing down quite a bit. Fidget is younger and always busy. Today Ben took Fidget outside to run around a bit - and left Rascal in his cage. When it's too hot outside he doesn't do well in the heat. I was busy working in the house, keeping a very loose eye on Nick. He was busy in the kitchen playing with his cars when I hear him say, "Ferrets, IN!" I look over and he is standing by an air vent (he has recently discovered the vents and has been found putting everything under the sun in them. I need to figure out how to get that stuff out).
I go over to the vent and can hear scratching noises and Nick has taken off the vent lid. I run over to their hutch and search for a ferret hiding in their favorite blanket. It is empty. I ask Nick where Rascal is and he points to the vent and says, "Ferret". Sure enough, he has thrown Rascal into our AC vent.
I panic and yell out that I need help. Chris is putting Xander to bed so he doesn't come, but everyone else does. Thankfully Ben keeps a cool head and reaches his long arms down the vent and is able to barely grab onto Rascal and pull him out. Poor thing was covered in lint and dust and looked so traumatized! I was so relieved to see him because I honestly had no idea what Plan B was. Now I need to figure out how to lock this cage so Nick can't do this again!
Rascal has been sleeping for hours - I don't blame him....it's been a rough day. Actually, any day Nick visits is a rough day....






1 comment:
Well, nick is at a very fun age.😂😂😂
Post a Comment