Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Kallie turns 16!

 This amazing daughter of mine turned 16!  She had a hard time deciding what she wanted to do for her birthday and ultimately decided she didn't want to decide what she did for her birthday.  Kal had band early in the morning and I had promised her I wouldn't embarrass her during band - but I didn't say I wouldn't embarrass her after band!  We loaded everyone up in the two cars and stood in the parking lot with balloons and a 16 waiting for her to come out.  I think we really surprised her!  






After surprising Kal we headed home so she could get showered and dressed.  Her band starts at 7am and goes until 10am and they are outside in the heat marching and practicing - so she wanted to get dressed before we did any birthday celebrations.  Christopher and I took her out for lunch all by herself.  It was so great to just sit and chat with Kal and hear what she had to say.  She is one sassy girl!  She wanted pizza so we tried a new pizza place and loved it!  They even had gelato - double win!




After lunch we relaxed a little bit before heading over to the high school for Ben and Kallie's back to school night.  We were able to walk their schedule and meet their teachers and see some friends.  It is crazy that school starts on Monday!


After back to school night we came home had her favorite dinner (chicken fettuccini alfredo) with a few friends.


Then it was time for presents!  We wanted to give her her no kissing money in a creative way - but we kept getting stumped on how to do it!  Finally we decided to do a money roll with silly quotes taped in it.  I think she liked it!





Then cake!  I was so excited because I bought these fun confetti candles - but they turned out to be less than stellar.  What was fun was that I accidently bought relighting candles without realizing it!  Poor Kal could not get them to blow out!  We had to recruit Zack and Nick to help out, which pretty much just meant lots of spit on the cake!  Good thing we are COVID comfy :)  I hope she had an amazing 16th birthday and felt as special as she is!!  We love this girl of ours!



No comments: