Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Debating Andrew

The last few weeks of school are brutal. There is nothing going on and the days are just filled with busy work or time wasters for the kids so the teachers can close out their year.  Andrew can't stand wasting time - when it's not on his schedule.  He likes to waste time in his own way - on his own time.  One morning I got a text from him at 8am letting me know he woke up late, but it is okay since he let the people who drive in the morning know.  He wanted me to call the school to let them know he'd be late.

That was at 8am.  School starts at 8:45am.  Totally enough time for him to get ready and me drive him to school.  I didn't look at my phone that morning till 9:45 (rough night with the little boys - they didn't get up till 9:45) and I see his message.  I go downstairs to find Andrew still in pj's watching a show on his phone.  The next two hour were filled with Andrew debating me about why he shouldn't have to go to school.  To be fair his reasons were valid, but I don't want to get another attendance letter from the district (Zack) so he had to go.  This was the letter I wrote to the school to excuse his tardy....




I don't even make it home when I get this text from Andrew....


 

No comments: