Thursday, March 4, 2010

The future of Ice Skating....

will most likely not include Kallie.  She was so excited when I asked her if she would like to take lessons.  To be fair, it was while we were watching the Olymipcs. Watching beautiful girls gracefully dancing across the ice.  The lesson started out nice enough...you know, before the whole ice part.

Ben and Kallie were both so excited to get to their lesson.  To be honest, they were driving me crazy all week asking me if it was "hockey" day.  


Kallie's lesson started out really well.  I thought she was really going to love it.    


Then she went down, and down again, and down again.  I have to admit, I probably would have given up long before she did.  She stayed on the ice for about 30 minutes, really giving it her all.  Of the 5 kids in her class, she was number 3 to leave early.  I really wish the teacher would have been better and given the kids something to at lease hang on to.  They were falling like flies!  One after the other they fell, and fell hard!

Ben also spend a fair amount of time on the "ice".  He did fall quite a bit as well, but his teacher was really good about encouraging them....and showing them how to use the toe pick to actually get up.  I think that was the key....she taught them to get back up!


Ben really loved skating and is really looking forward to starting hockey in 8 weeks.  He told me he just might play in the olympics.  It was really cute!





I know this post is a little Kallie heavy in the picture area, but there is a reason.  I won't be able to post any more of her on the ice for another 2 years or so.  She decided to opt out, and try again when she is bigger...you know, 6.  Ben on the other hand loves it and can't wait till Tuesdays every week!  So, many more pictures of him on the ice to come!



And I had to throw this one in there, because these boys are so cute...especially the bearded one :)


No comments: