Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Shiner


For the life of me I can't get blogger to do what I want it to do!  So please excuse how all these pictures are out of order!  The picture above is day 3 (and in case there is a question, no, those are NOT Ben's real teeth).  The picture below is day 2.


(The above picture is day 5 of the black eye...it now has a green tint, with a little bit of purple mixed in)

Wednesday night while I was on the phone with my sister Shelley, Kallie came running in and told me Ben had a headache.  To be honest, I didn't think much of it and kept talking to Shel.  I happened to turn around a few minutes later and saw Ben on the couch curled up crying.  I quickly got off the phone with Shel and ran over to Ben, feeling horrible!  When I finally was able to remove his hand from his face, his very swollen, bluish blackish eye was starring back at me.  I grabbed a cold cloth and put it on his head.  It was a doozy!

Since I didn't see what happened, this is according to Kallie with a little Ben mixed in.  Jake and Ben were running around our neighbors new shed when they ran into eachother.  The hit on Ben's eye and Jake's forehead.  Ben got a black eye....and Jake got a goose egg on his forehead.

Ben loved the attention he got at school and from everyone who saw him.  I have to admit I was just praying someone didn't think I had done that to Ben!  When we went to his dentist appointment on friday everyone was looking at his eye, but not bringing it up or asking about it.  Finally I couldn't take it anymore and happened to bring it up in our conversation and had Ben tell the story.  I could see the tension leave and we talked and laughed about it.



2 comments:

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

hahahahhahahahhah Ben is so cute, I loved the way he told the story to us, and then immediately went on to tell me about his darling teeth. He has a great personality that just makes you smile.

And I totally understand what you mean when you feel like you have to somehow ease the story into your convo so people don't think you are abusive!

Meg and Terr said...

Oh my gosh, I cannot believe how old Ben looks in these pictures!!! How is he growing up so fast? I miss you guys but I will coming through UT in a month and can't wait to visit :)