It's official. Another ten years and I'll be cresting the hill. The day started out just like any other day. The first sign of something different was that Katie and the kids came to take me out to lunch. That was where the conversation went something like this:
Blah blah blah....
Katie: Well you're the one who said you didn't want to do anything for your birthday!
Me: NO, I just said I didn't want to choose what we did on my birthday. I wanted to be surprised.
Katie: Oh, well that's funny.
Being the amazing woman she is, she immediately turned that around. By the time I left work, there were enough balloons tied to my car to float me home and we had a really fun party with the kids that night including the family tradition of hanging donuts.
Even on a birthday it takes a lot of shots to get the kids all looking at the camera.
I got cool new nerdy toys.
Katie and the kids filled a bunch of balloons with little lies about how much they love me.
Andrew managed to snatch two of the donuts off of the chandelier before we could even get started.
1 comment:
How fun... I love that you guys do the donut tradition for every birthday! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment