Friday, February 18, 2011

She’s HOME!!!!

*Warning – Picture overload…but not really considering I took over 200. I’m only posting 30…you’re welcome :)*

The day we’ve been waiting 18 months for finally arrived! Sister Erickson was finally coming home from Brazil! I have to admit, I was so excited. I couldn’t wait to have Ana back home…and stop feeling so guilty for not writing her every week like I had planned. But more than that I just really missed having Ana around and seeing her smiling face and always open arms to all the cute little babies in the family! Not only we were getting Ana home, but Grandma, Papa, and Uncle Nate were coming home from their 2 week stay in Brazil! I couldn’t contain the kids excitement. Ben must have asked me 100 times before going to school yesterday what time I would pull him out so we could get to the airport! There was so much excitement going on at our house!

We made posters, a banner, and Amy had these cute shirts made. They have a picture of Ana on them with “So hot right now” written on the top. Adorable! Here are two cute little models, Miss. Aubrey and Miss. Sierra, modeling them…

IMG_7421 IMG_7423 IMG_7428IMG_7422 IMG_7432 IMG_7435

This is one of my favorites…Ava with her orange poster she painted holding her orange balloon waiting so patiently

IMG_7438

Caden looking for treasure…more on that one later…

IMG_7439

Two of the most handsome boys…

IMG_7445

And again…

IMG_7449

I just really couldn’t stop taking pictures of these cute boys that I love! (no, it had nothing to do with trying to kill time at the airport :))

IMG_7454

All the kids patiently waiting…of course the flight got in late and we were finding creative ways of keeping 6 little kids busy in an airport…for 45 minutes!

IMG_7459

We finally see her!!!

IMG_7461

She got rushed by all the kids wanting hugs, kisses, to show off their poster, their sweatshirts, their balloons, their shoes, their hair-do’s, etc. Ana handled it like a pro and made each one feel very special. We were right in the middle of the walking path of all the other travelers…but they didn’t seem to mind…or we didn’t seem to notice it they did :)

IMG_7465 IMG_7468 IMG_7472 IMG_7489

The girls…Megan we missed you!!!! We need to photo shop you in :)

IMG_7503

The Welcome Home Banner!!! ( I loved this thing!)

IMG_7506

Ana seeing the Welcome Home Banner!!!!

IMG_7509

Since Ana missed Christmas and her birthday she had it waiting for her at home! Hailey was itching to open those suckers!

IMG_7514

The proud parents :)

IMG_7517

These boys missed their Papa!

IMG_7520

Ana had lots of little helpers to help open her presents. I think it was a bit overwhelming with all of them trying to open one of her presents and yelling, “Auntie Ana, this one next!” She was a good sport though. Andrew kept trying to make off with the big present. He got caught…and started to cry. Hard. The thinker that I am got an empty box and told Andrew if he closed his eyes I would put a special present in it. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him trying so hard to close his eyes, but being so excited he couldn’t keep them shut! He opened his “gift” and was so excited to see a pixie stick. That stopped the crying and the stealing of presents. Love 2 year olds!

IMG_7538

Again, Caden looking for treasure! He had his hands down the back of his pants and we couldn’t stop laughing at him! It was so funny! This kid is a crack up! he he he

IMG_7564

You could tell it was starting to get late…and people were starting to get tired. Things started to get a little silly….of course I had to grab my camera and take a few pictures….

IMG_7579 IMG_7586 IMG_7596 IMG_7597

Ana, we are so happy you are home! Welcome back! We love you!

IMG_7576

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sad I missed it! It looks like you all had so much fun and I LOVED the T-shirts. Hilarious. :) And I can't believe how big this kids get every time I leave...this just can't go on!

McKinley {Haolepinos} said...

YAY!!! How fun that you were there to welcome her back. Families are the best!

Chris said...

I fear Katie's camera has replaced me in her life! It's great to have Ana back!