I love Valentine’s Day. I love a day where you focus on telling the people you love that you love them. I have to admit I always thought it was just a “hallmark holiday” and flat out refused to buy Valentine cards. I have been reformed by a husband who absolutely loves Valentine’s Day and tries to top himself every year. I love it even more now that my kids are older and can get excited about it too. They worked so hard on making sure all their valentines for their friends were perfect and couldn’t wait to give them out.
The kids both had parties at school today so I tried to hit both of them. Kallie was so excited to wear the Valentine outfit from Nini. How adorable is she?!?!?
Since I was the mom helper in Kal’s class today I got to help all the kids frost and decorate these cute sugar cookies. They had so much fun…but most were covered in pink frosting by the end.
All the girls in Kallie’s class. I did take a boy picture too, but Kallie isn’t in it so why post it?!
Can you find Kallie? For their Valentine’s Day treat Mrs.. Parker let them make up their own centers today which all the kids were so excited about. They then got to look through all their valentines from each other, decorate cookies, and play valentine’s day games.
Then off to Ben’s class. Ben with his best buddy from birth, T—. These two are trouble. Can you tell?
He is such a handsome kid! He was so excited to go to school today and give out his Valentines. He was going to give 2 to the boys and only 1 to the girls. It took a lot of convincing to change his mind…and the fact that he was running late for school today :)
Aren’t these pictures AH-maz-ing! Yes, the kids in the pictures are always cute..that’s a given…but haven’t you noticed how crisp and clean the pictures are now?!?!? Next blog post will explain why!!!!
The newest member of our family….Jazzabell. Yes, Jazz (like dance class Kallie says) A – Bell. Not Jezebel. Kallie and Jazzabell have matching outfits and matching jammies. They are the best of friends!
Valentine’s day dinner. For special occasions I let the kids drink out of our “special glass cups” as they call them. They look like wine glasses and the kids feel so grown up to use such nice glassware (everything in our house is plastic…out of necessity…we do have 3 kids…well and Andrew…’nuff said!) So I put up balloons, a table cloth, confetti with hearts and things and the kids are in heaven. They love these special dinners! We also put special notes and treats in their valentine mailboxes that we have had out all month. For FHE one night we had them decorate these cute heart boxes and they would find little notes or treats from us or each other in them. I loved this!
My cute kids. Aren’t they adorable!?!?
For dinner they had Jell-O with whipped topping and sprinkles in a glass cup and Andrew found them a little early. He transferred all his Jell-O into his drinking glass cup and tried to drink it up. Good thing everything around him was red (the tablecloth, his shirt) because he was covered in Jell-O!
My handsome husband who is so adorable.
We even got a family shot! I love camera timers!!!
I made dinner and Chris did dessert. He bought them their favorite Macey’s chocolate cake donuts. They were in heaven!
We hope you all had an amazing Valentine’s day!
1 comment:
hahahah this was so cute, it made me laugh out loud!!! Jazz-a-bell ahahhah so cute!!!
Post a Comment