Friday, February 4, 2011

Today's Agenda

8:30 - get Ben out the door and off to school
9 - get Chris off to work
9-10 - rock Andrew and watch Mickey mouse
10am - wake up (Kallie)
10:30-12 - watch old home movies on the floor cuddling with Andrew and Kallie
12 - give kids medicine - not too big of a fight...they are too sick to care much
12-2 ish - watch Little Mermaid, Kallie's pick
2ish -4ish - watch Marmaduke, Andrew's pick
4is - 6ish - watch another movie, most likely Ben's pick
6 - give more medicine
6- till bedtime - try to stay sane and maybe pick up a little, go to be early because nights are just as busy as the days...actually I think busier because kids fevers tend to spike right when the doctors office closes

And in between lots of running up and down stairs to get water, pedilite, capri suns (we are pushing fluids here..food is still not something they want much of) tissue, any snack they might want, get any little need they might need, make a few shakes (Kallie has strep and Andrew has a nasty sore throat) lots of hugs, rocking, kisses, soft words telling them tomorrow will be better.

So the count today -
Kallie has Pneumonia, Croup, and Strep fever down to 101 (from 104.6 so big improvement)
Andrew - fever, sore throat, nasty cough, runny nose, and just plain feeling icky and supper clingy...I don't think he has walked at all today...he likes to be held
Ben - perfectly healthy and has to stay away from Kallie and Andrew - most likely feeling very left out but loving the fact he can watch all the TV he wants

We've had a rough couple of days. I'll update this blog with all the details, but because I'm not going to get around to calling everyone back today I'll send this out instead. Thank you for all the prayers, thoughts, phone calls. We really appreciate all the love from our amazing family and friends. I'm hopeful that we are on the up swing and will be feeling better in no time. Please excuse my rudeness in not answering the phone or calling anyone back today. I'm rocking my babies and watching movies. The world is on hold :)

2 comments:

Briahna said...

I feel so bad! I didn't even know you guys were so sick! Let me know if there is anything we can do.

Krista said...

What was the saying of the cross stiches our moms had when we were growing up? Something that ended with the effect of the cleaning could wait because "I am rocking my baby". Every now and then it is okay to take a break! Hope Kallie and Acers are feeling better soon. Love you guys!