Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Ponderings
It's 3:45 am and I'm up. Kallie is sick and when she gets sick it get pretty scary. I've never seen a little body who's fever can raise so fast and so high. I know when it has been 4 hours and the fever reducer has worn off. I woke up to the sound of a coughing Kallie mixed with throwing up because she was coughing so hard and couldn't stop. I took her temperature and she was back to 103.8. She has been battling this fever and cough all day and I could just see how exhausted she was. I went and woke up Chris to give her a blessing. He sweetly and softly talked to her, comforted her, held her and give her a blessing. I stood at the doorway and just marveled how much I love this man and how grateful I am that we are in this parenting job together. He is always so patient and kind. He even offered to stay up with her so I could get some sleep, even though he's the one who will be going to work tomorrow and working all day. He is always doing little things that I just take for granted. More often then not I come downstairs in the morning to a clean kitchen that he stayed up to clean. It is such a wonderful way to start my day by coming downstairs and seeing this little service he has done for me. Sometimes I'll find a little note he's left for me just telling me he loves me and to have a wonderful day. It brings a smile to my face and makes me feel so loved. Christopher is one incredible man and I'm so grateful to be tied to him for eternity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's so sweet. You guys are both great!
I hope Kallie is better soon.
Chris treats you right! He is a great guy! You deserve him:) I hope Kallie feels better soon. Poor girl:(
Post a Comment