Thursday, March 20, 2014

Math Nerds

March 14th is kind of a big deal in our house.  It really didn’t start that way.  For the last two years we’ve had chicken pot pie with a Pi symbol on it for dinner and some sort of pie and called that good.  Benjamin decided since Pi day fell on a Friday we should have a party!  Well, I always think that’s a good idea, so I put the kids to WORK!

Andrew made the chicken pot pie (he is the best stirrer we have), Kallie made two Pi symbols and cut bananas and apple, and Ben did the other Pi symbols and cut tons of strawberries.  They were such happy little workers!  One thing I can say about homeschool is my kids cook A LOT….and enjoy it!

IMG_6743IMG_6745

They were both not impressed by my latticed pie crust.  In fact we had to cut that one last because according to my kids “that’s not how we make it”.  They were also not thrilled by my Pi symbol and the lack of color…so I made them fix it.  And they did a great job!

IMG_6746IMG_6750IMG_6752IMG_6754IMG_6753

This whipping cream is not your ordinary whipping cream.  This whipping cream is a sign of true friendship.  I couldn’t find my container of whipping cream so I texted my friend who was out and about and asked her to pick some up for me.  What I didn’t know was she was practically home and decided to run to the store (with her four kids in tow) and get some for me.  Well, it started raining….then hailing….and I’m pretty sure some snow fell too.  She didn’t go to one store….not two…but three to get this for me!  It took her over an HOUR! Did I mention she has a four month old?

The sad part is I found my whipping cream and had texted her not to worry about getting it.  BBBBUUUUUTTTTT she didn’t get that text.  She sent me a text after the second store asking how important it was and I responded again that I had found some and not to worry about it.  She got that text….as she pulled into my driveway with the whipping cream in hand.  I felt terrible!  So I couldn’t get mad when they were late because they were making rolls…that would have been started an hour before if they weren’t chasing my whipping cream!

For my brother…..here’s the pies……

IMG_6755IMG_6756IMG_6757

We had to pull out the liquid nitrogen again.  It’s just too fun to play with.  We had the P’s over and they hadn’t played with it before.  We did the popcorn again and then stepped up the game with ice cream….made with power tools.  We are just too cool.

IMG_6758IMG_6760

The kids enjoyed the fun tricks Chris does.  We did the balloon trick at least three times.

IMG_6769IMG_6772IMG_6773

Even R got into it!

IMG_6781

Zack showing me his lovely messy hands.  I can’t remember what he had all over them…but I love how he gets so upset when anything gets on his hands.  Oh and yes….he’s in a swimsuit…and no we didn’t go swimming that day.

IMG_6782

No comments: