Friday, March 21, 2014

St. Patrick’s Day Adventures

I have the coolest mother in law.  She makes these awesome treasure hunts and fun activities for every holiday.  For St. Patrick’s Day we had a little tricky leprechaun names Liam come and send my kids on a wild treasure hunt for his pot of gold.  The kids were so excited (and the treasure hunt took twice as long as I thought it would…..Liam was super, super tricky this year!)  Liam left them some green doughnuts with gold candies to get the morning started!

IMG_6789IMG_6795

Zack wasn’t a big fan of the treasure hunt.  To be honest I’m not sure he even knew one was going on.  He was too busy trying to figure out which of the four doughnuts was the best one.

The clue in our pantry took almost 15 minutes.  I wasn’t going to help at all.  they should have known it was on the LUCKY CHARMS!

IMG_6797

But the good news is Zack found the perfect doughnut.

IMG_6799IMG_6800

Finally!  The pot of GOLD!

IMG_6802

Dividing the loot.

IMG_6809

Zack is still too into his doughnut to care.

IMG_6811

Our tricky leprechaun even put a clue on Andrew’s bum..WITHOUT HIM NOTICING!  It took the kids a few minutes to find where the next clue was.  It was seriously hilarious!  They were totally confused how this magic happened.

IMG_6812

Part of their pot of gold was a little trip to Hoots with our friends.  As we were driving there Kallie (who always gets a little freaked out about leprechauns and elves) kept trying to convince the boys Liam came with us and was touching her hair.  She said someone was pulling her hair and their hands were cold.  Ben investigated and discovered it was Kallie’s own hand.  That got some fun laughs…that Kallie wasn’t a fan of.

Hoot was a blast!  We went two years ago, but Zack wasn’t really old enough to enjoy it.  He sure enjoyed it this time!

I took over a hundred pictures…and most were blurry because the kids never stopped moving!   Here are a few that are not super blurry.

IMG_6813IMG_6819IMG_6825IMG_6834

Even the moms had fun!

IMG_6858IMG_6865IMG_6873IMG_6877

These little divas.

IMG_6884IMG_6891IMG_6895IMG_6899IMG_6902

My favorite picture of the day is a tie between these two….Addie crawling through the jungle gym with two of her kids….or Charlie going down this slide….she’s racing her son…who hasn’t gone down yet.  It was awesome!

IMG_6911IMG_6869IMG_6914

After a fun filled day at Hoots we headed home.  Zack and I took a great nap while watching Cars…I’m not sure what the other kids did.  After we got up I figured it was probably a good idea to make dinner.  Zack, my ever ready assistant, was there to lick the bowl for me.  Very important job.

IMG_6927

Our friend P stayed for dinner…and our tricky leprechaun Liam even got into our food and dyed the rice, rolls, and milk green. 

IMG_6929IMG_6931

All in all I think we had a great St. Patty’s day….and a terrific start to our spring break!

No comments: