Saturday, March 2, 2024

Christopher turns 44!

 

Full discloser, this birthday started off a little rough. It was a rainy cold day, I over slept and didn't get his balloons and banner up, halfway through eating breakfast I realized I forgot to cook the back (so we had it for "breakfast dessert", without Ben and Kallie here to help out the - the singing of Happy Birthday sounds pitiful. All that being said - here's what we did for Dad's 44th!

Breakfast was over night French toast bake, with a good helping of candle wax for fun. After such a stressful birthday breakfast we needed a break finishing up Harry Potter from last night and cuddling with the boys.


We then decided to brave the drizzle and go explore the Marine Museum up the road from us. Apparently it is one of the most visited museums....and for good reason! It was awesome!







 


After the museum we were starving and ready for lunch! Since we had to go to Ikea anyway, we decided to eat there. Once we saw the long line and lack of employees working it, we decided to opt for a mexican place elsewhere. I wish that was actually true. The truth is we stood in line for 30 minutes, barely moved, then decided to skip the whole Ikea shopping/lunch idea, and just do lunch.  We ate at our favorite Mexican place in Woodbridge, and it was amazing.

We then headed home to get ready for cake! Dad was tired, so I forced him to go take a nap (which he didn't do) while I got to work on the decorations I should have done this morning. 


And of course we had to have a little fire alarm action....




After cake and ice cream we rolled ourselves to the family room to open presents! Dad, of course, got a beard shirt, and a few other little things. Then we watched The Last Airbender and finally called it a day! Welcome to the 44's babe! Love you!




No comments: