My birthday fell on a Thursday this year, but it was also the day I was going to fly back home from girls trip, so we celebrated on Wednesday instead! It was my day to call all the shots and no one could tell me no! I started off the day warning everyone I was going to take 100's of pictures and everyone had to smile and go along with it! AND THEY DID!
Papa made a delicious dutch baby for our breakfast. It was delicious! He also cooked the bacon extra crispy - my favorite.
For my day I wanted to hang around and visit with everyone after breakfast. We did that until 1ish, then it was just too beautiful to stay inside. We decided to try to learn pickleball. I went upstairs to get dressed and came down in normal clothes, and met with everyone in real workout clothes. Clearly I missed the memo that we were actually going to try to learn this game. I ran back upstairs and find something sporty. While I changed we started this game Ana brought - which was really fun. I might need to buy a set.....
I don't want to toot my own horn, but I just might end up being good at this game! The court is only 1/2 the size of a tennis court - these balls don't bounce away from you- and I didn't miss too many serves! We had a very kind guy, Ramsey, who gave us a quick lesson which was very needed since our 2 1/2 minute youtube video didn't cover everything.
These pictures just crack me up. Since I wanted pictures of everything this day, we had to figure out who had the longest arms. As with most things it turned into a competition. I came in last place (surprised?) Amy won with longest arms, with Megan coming in second.

Grandma and I sat out the first round (there are only 4 players and we were 6 people)
Grandma tried to get some action shots. Those of us who where not facing the sun look - terrible.
After pickleball we decided to go to a ice cream shop my brother had told me about in downtown Nashville. We headed that way, only to discover parking in downtown is not as easy as we thought. We found parking for $9 for 30 minutes. (later, as we were walking around, we found parking for much, MUCH less - but we were newbys and didn't know better). So we had a 30 minutes timer on and we hit the strip!














No comments:
Post a Comment