Thursday, September 10, 2026

Andrew/Ava Grandparent Adventure

 I seriously struck gold in the in-law department. ❤️

Grandma and Papa are exactly who I want to be when I finally grow up. 😂 They have this incredible gift for making everything fun, meaningful, and memorable—and since Andrew is hanging out at their house for a few days before heading to Idaho, they’re doing what they do best.

They took Andrew and Ava on a Grandparent Date, and they went ALL out: lunch, an escape room, pedicures, pottery, and dinner.

Grandma knows that pictures are my love language, so I got to tag along virtually with every ding of my phone. 😂

They had seconds to spare in the escape room. Andrew was thoroughly weirded out (and full of anxiety) by the pedicure (his first one ever), and he absolutely REFUSED to get a manicure. When I asked him why later that night, he very seriously explained, “I need those calluses on my hands!” 😂

He painted an absolutely epic dragon mug, then they headed to Happy Sumo for dinner, where Andrew and Ava apparently became 8-year-olds again and played games on the paper tablecloth with crayons.

It’s hard not having him here. Really hard.

But knowing he is so loved, wanted, and completely spoiled by Grandma and Papa makes it a little easier. ❤️

I’m working on my selfishness. And by “working on it,” I mean I’m trying to convince myself that sharing my kids is part of the deal. 😂

I’m just really grateful they have grandparents who love them this much.

 
Why does this feel like yesterday? 


No comments: