Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Wasps


We have had SO MANY of these wasp nests on or near our house in the six years we’ve lived here. What can I say? They love us. Sadly, the feelings are very much NOT mutual. 😂

These suckers HURT when they sting—and apparently, they can sting you multiple times. Nick recently had the unfortunate experience of finding that out firsthand.

In true Nick fashion, he came running inside SCREAMING like his left leg had just been amputated. Naturally, I stayed right where I was on the couch, fully confident that he would eventually find me. 😂 Nick does not exactly handle pain well, so I assumed he had discovered a little blood on his leg from scratching a bug bite or something equally minor.

I was HORRIFIED to discover how wrong I was.

He came into my room still screaming that he had been stung. When I went to help him, I realized THE WASP WAS STILL ON HIS SHOULDER, STINGING HIM THROUGH HIS SHIRT. 😳

I immediately got his shirt off and took care of the wasp. Then came the real challenge: convincing Nick to let me help him and put some cream on the sting to help with the pain.

Let’s just say…that part did not go well. 😂

And yes, for anyone wondering, those suckers did, in fact, die that night.

The wasp war continues. And apparently, we are losing.

No comments: