Monday, September 7, 2026

First Landing 2026

Another great year “camping” at First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach. πŸŒŠπŸ•️ This is year #5 for us, and somehow it just keeps getting better.

Full disclosure: I say every single year that we aren’t coming back. And then, every single year, I’m so glad we did. πŸ˜‚

Our days were packed with all the good stuff: sun, sand, ocean, incredible sunsets, endless conversations, paddle/smack ball, walking back and forth on the closed walking path, Lynlee’s story time, kayaking, campfires, s’mores, falling asleep in chairs around the fire, late-night games, sleeping in hammocks tied to trees, awesome photoshoots, and delicious meals made from the easiest ingredients imaginable.

And pro tip: TAKE A FRIDGE. Yes, we looked a little like the Beverly Hillbillies rolling into the campground, but cold food and drinks are worth every bit of the extra gear. πŸ˜‚

The best part, as always, was the people. The best people I know all in one place, making memories and giving me way more pictures than I could ever need. ❤️

Andrew had a blast with his boy group, Zack had a blast with his boy group, Nick is still trying to find his people, and Xander followed Stella around like a little puppy dog. πŸ₯Ή

We also got to celebrate Jesse’s 16th birthday, which made this year feel even more special.

Five years, countless memories, incredible sunsets, sandy everything, some pretty epic photoshoots, and the people I love most. Somehow, I have a feeling I’ll be saying “we’re not coming back next year” again… and then being so glad we did. ❤️




No comments: