Monday, September 21, 2026

Beard to No Beard

Welp… to say the beard situation went over well in our household would be the understatement of the year. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Christopher got home after being gone for almost TWO WEEKS and apparently decided that wasn’t enough excitement for one day. He promptly decided it was time to shake things up, disrupt the peace, and completely alter the trajectory of our lives.

He shaved his beard.

After TWELVE YEARS of having a beard.

Why? ๐Ÿคท‍♀️ Who knows. Honestly, who knows what goes through this man’s head sometimes. He just woke up and apparently thought, “You know what this family needs? A completely different face.”

The family reviews were… mixed. And by “mixed,” I mean absolutely brutal. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Zack: “That was a bad choice.”

Nick: “WHAT HAPPENED!?! WHAT DID YOU DO????!?!?!?!"

Xander: “DAD! YOUR BEARD FELL OFF!”

Me: “I just can’t. Why would you? This is terrible. I don’t like it when you talk. I missed you… and your beard. That was a huge mistake. That looks terrible. I hate it." (I had alot to say)

Ben: “Not my favorite.”

Kallie: “You don’t look the same without the beard. I think you should grow it back.”

Andrew: “I cast my vote for the original beard.”

So there you have it. The people have spoken. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Apparently, after 12 years, that beard had become less of a facial feature and more of a family member. And now we’re all just supposed to pretend everything is normal while this strange, freshly-shaven man walks around our house.

Welcome home, Christopher. We missed you.

Your beard, apparently, was missed more. ๐Ÿ˜‚

No comments: